Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
–Mark 2:27 (NIV)
It’s been a busy year, with learning how to do life in a pandemic. With the extra time at home, many of us are completing projects we otherwise wouldn’t have gotten done. This month of February, I’m close to completing another Writing 28 Days writing challenge. It’s my third year participating, and I’m having fun. I hope you’ve been following along. If not, you can find the series here. I’m not doing too badly either, only missing one or two days so far.
But today, I need to recuperate a bit, so instead of a long post, I’ll give us both a rest by sharing a list of joyful podcasts I listen to that might you smile, too. Let me know what you think.
Fun podcasts that make me smile
Here’s the list! You can find them on most podcasting apps. Most are faith-based, some aren’t, but they all focus on joy or things that bring joy:
- Dream Big Podcast with Bob Goff
- That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs
- Positively Joy with Yvette Walker
- Happy Hour Podcast with Jamie Ivy
- The Next Right Thing with Emily P. Freeman
- Steps to Trusting with my friend Erin Michele
- Make it Count: Living a Legacy Life with Sue Donaldson
- What’s Essential Podcast with Greg McKeown
- The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast by Proverbs 31 Ministries
Will we find true and lasting joy in a podcast? I think not, but they all offer suggestions and handy tips to help one move toward joyful living and connection with our fellow humans. We get to hear from others experiencing joy, overcoming high hurdles to find joy, and bringing joy to others. For me, they widen my view of life’s landscape and help me find the little things and the big things waiting to be discovered.
- Think of something easy that brings you joy.
- Share it with someone else.
- Sit back, rest, and recuperate from your work today.
This post is part of the #Write28Days Writing Challenge. The prompt for today is RECUPERATE.